Build a thicker back by using the cable row in your routine. It is an easy to execute movement with equipment that is available at the majority of gyms you might find yourself in.
Cable Rows for a Thicker Back
The process of executing a cable row is quite simple. You can watch the video below for an explanation and example, but here is the actual description.
1. Set the weight pin where you need it.
2. Sit on the bench and put your feet into the supports.
3. Slide back slightly and once set, sit upright.
4. Slowly pull the weight to your stomach.
5. As you reach your stomach, pull the shoulder blades together and hold for 1 second.
6. Slowly return the weight to the starting position and repeat the process the desired number of repetitions.
Video for Building a Thicker Back with Cable Rows
[pro-player width='530′ height='253′ type='mp4′]http://fitnessexpose.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Seated-Cable-Rows.mp4[/pro-player]
This video contains a brief example of the Seated Cable Row and an explanation of how to get the most from this exercise. By following the instructions in the video you will be maximizing your ability to grow a thicker back. Take the time to look over this video and get into the gym to try out the exercise.
Please watch this blog for more videos on the topic of training. I plan to release one each week, time permitting. If you have anything to say about the video or the exercise, please leave me a comment below. In addition, if there are other exercises you'd like to see in this space, please leave me a comment below and I will do my best to give you what you want! Fitness Expose plans two types of videos in the near future. Some will be free of charge and others will exist inside the membership area.