Maintaining focus is really a mental achievement. It is all about how you are thinking about the task at hand that matters. If you go into the gym and spend your time thinking about everything other than your workout, you are going to have a terrible workout due to the lack of focus. Today I come to you with 6 tips on how to maintain your focus today at the gym.
- Have a plan. Always enter the gym with a plan in mind and then execute that plan.
- Get rest. Always get enough rest. Not having enough rest kills your focus.
- Positive self-talk. Don't talk yourself out of focus. By this I mean, keep things positive. We can always do better, but we don't need to continually remind ourselves of how badly we feel we did.
- Challenge yourself. Use progressive overload to continually challenge yourself during workouts. This forces you to stay focused as you execute the workout.
- Listen to music. Music has a strange and amazing effect on me. Depending upon the music I choose I cam either calm or crazy. Whatever effect it has, music always keeps me focused. I can get more done when listening to music.
- Have fun. We focus better when we enjoy what we are doing. Yes, it is called “working out” but it can be and is a lot of fun. Relish your time at the gym and you will have no issues staying focused.
Don't lose your focus. Keep reminding yourself of these 6 things to maintain your focus today.