I used to be one of those guys who said he could do it all himself in the gym. I resisted any suggestion that I use a personal trainer. After having used a personal trainer for the past 4 months I am disappointed in myself for not having done so earlier. Here are my 5 reasons why you should use a personal trainer.
- They will teach you how to lift correctly. A personal trainer doesn't care about your ego. All they care about is getting the best results. That requires working the muscle and working it hard. Yes, there are times when you should use heavy weight, but even then you need to have correct form in order to lift correctly and get the results you are looking for. Sometimes doing an exercise just slightly wrong winds up working the wrong muscle group. The personal trainer knows this and will point it out to you.
- They will push you further than you can push yourself. Again, the personal trainer is after the maximum results for their client. As a result, they will tell you to do 5 sets of 15 reps and they expect you to get 15 reps on every single set. They won't let you quit short of the goal. If necessary they will assist your reps, but you will be getting the prescribed number whether you like it or not.
- They will attack your body to achieve your goals. Too many people use cookie-cutter workout routines that just don't work in the long run. A personal trainer will attack your body in a way that will help you achieve your goals. They will mix up exercises in a way that will keep your muscles guessing at all times.
- They will coordinate your nutrition with your training. A good personal trainer will take a big interest in your nutrition because they know that's where the results truly come from. They will adjust your nutrition to match your training. One way would be to include high carb days on the days you train large muscle groups and low carb days when you train smaller muscle groups.
- They will hold you accountable. Much like the fact that they will push you harder than you can push yourself, a personal trainer will also hold you accountable. They will make sure you work your abs after each training session. They will make sure you do the lifts at the proper tempo without cheating. They will insure that you follow your nutrition plan correctly.
As you can see, these 5 reasons to use a personal trainer are pretty powerful. I suggest that you give a personal trainer a try. If you do not currently use a personal trainer, please comment on your reasons why you don't. If you currently use a personal trainer, tell us your reasons.