Yesterday I discussed how I am creating my own miracle. One point I failed to make–if you don’t believe, miracles cannot and will not happen. Today I want to discuss how to believe and make it happen. The power is your’s to take.
In August 2011 I started a journey that is about to culminate in my first competition. When I started I weighed 255 lbs. and was at 32% body fat. Today I am 2 weeks away from my show. I am at 210 lbs. and 9% body fat. Yes, people said I could not do it. I was told that my goal was just a pipe dream. I was told it would be a miracle if I could get into shape. Well, miracles happen if you believe and I am living proof.
Just crunch the numbers I provided above. At 46 years of age I was carrying around 173.4 lbs. of lean body mass and 81.6 lbs. of fat. Through belief and hard work I am now 47 years old and I am carrying around 191 lbs. of lean body mass and 18.9 lbs. of fat. I have added 17.6 lbs. of lean body mass while reducing my fat by 62.7 lbs. I’ve dropped 43.8 lbs. on the scale. All of this through a pipe dream. All of this because I believe in my own abilities.
I can tell you to eat right and exercise–those are obvious things. However, the best advice I can give is as follows (and it is all about belief):
- Dream big. You can make dreams happen, so why not dream big? You are going to achieve what you dream so make your dreams as big as you want.
- Listen to nobody. You will have people tell you it can’t be done. Do not listen! If you want it badly enough you can achieve it.
- Never quit. No matter how hard it seems, never give up. Push on towards your goal.
- Stay focused. Life has many distractions. Remain focused and draw your dreams towards you.
- Always believe. No matter how hard things get, no matter how impossible things seem, always believe and it will happen.
By following the tips above you will make your dreams happen. Tell me in the comments what you do to make your dreams a reality.