Meal planning seems to be one of those things that people are afraid of. I often wonder why anyone is afraid of planning their meals. To me, not planning ahead on the meals is a recipe for failure. In this article I give you x tips on how to win with meal planning.
- Planning meals handles calorie counting. When you are trying to diet for a show or a photo shoot, you need to keep track of your calories. Planning your meals ahead of time takes care of that for you. Calorie counting is not about tracking calories as you eat, it is about planning a menu and counting the calories during the planning process.
- Planning meals gives you strength. Each of us has been in the situation where we forgot to bring a meal with us to an event. Planning your meals ahead of time will remove this issue. You will have your food prepared in advance so all you will need to do is bring the food along with you wherever you are going.
- Planning meals keeps you on plan. By planning and cooking your meals ahead of time you will stick to your plan. You are less likely to cheat on your diet if you have planned ahead. I personally find this works with everything, including cardio exercise.
- Planning meals gets you lean. As mentioned, by avoiding cheating on your diet you are bound to get leaner and leaner. Meal planning assists with this process.
- Planning meals gives you success. The focus that you get from planning your meals is going to bleed over into other areas. This is going to bring about success for you.
Meal planning is not something to be afraid of. It is something you should embrace because of the good things that happen when you plan ahead. Tell us your strategies for planning meals by leaving a comment below.