I hear the excuse all the time that there is no time in a busy schedule to workout. I am going to tell you that the busier you are, the more you need a good workout schedule in your life. Working out will reduce the stress that the busy schedule causes. It will help balance your life. Quite simply, it is something you need in your life. The fact is that we all make time for those things that are important to us. It is time to make working out something you find important so that you will make the time for it. Here are some tips for doing just that.
- Get up earlier. If your alarm goes off at 7:00 a.m. on the usual morning, simply set it an hour earlier and use that time to hit the gym. Starting your day off with a great workout is an awesome thing.
- Make it an appointment with yourself. We tend to honor appointments. Thus, put your workouts in your calendar as an appointment. Mark the time as busy. Then make an effort to never break an appointment with yourself.
- Walk more places. We are a mobile society and tend to drive everywhere we go. Change that behavior. Walk to the corner market. Walk to work if possible. Walk to pick the kids up at school. You will burn additional calories in doing so.
- Find a training partner. If you have someone else depending upon you to show up at the gym you are more likely to be consistent. Find a workout partner and tell them your goals. Have them hold you accountable for those goals. By doing this you will make time to meet the partner and stick to your plan.
- Watch less television. Our society is addicted to television. You could shave 1 hour off your television time and use that time for working out.
These are just 5 ideas for how to find time to workout. I am sure that if you use your creativity you could come up with several more. What ideas can you think of? Share them in the comments below.