Most people who weight train want to get bigger biceps. Some believe that if you simply do a million repetitions of barbell curls with each arm workout you must improve your biceps size. While that sounds wonderful if it worked, there are some tried and true methods for increasing your biceps size and I am going to share those with you today.
- Vary your grip width when doing barbell curls. A shoulder width grip uses the long and short head of the biceps evenly. As you go wider you emphasize the short head and as you go narrow you emphasize the long head. Both need to be hit hard to see the kind of growth most of us want. By varying your grip you will insure that this is accomplished.
- Use the seated version of barbell curls. This removes the bottom part of the movement and causes you to work the top part more. This enables most people to use much more weight during the exercise.
- Get a good stretch in the long head of the biceps. You can accomplish this by doing seated incline dumbbell curls. With the greater emphasis placed on the long head of the biceps you will see better looking biceps from the side.
- Incorporate hammer curls into your arm routine. Honestly, I have seen the most change in my biceps since incorporating hammer curls into my routine. Make sure to curl the weight across the front of your body slowly.
- Change the angle on dumbbell curls. Sometimes do them standing and other times seated. Sometimes do them at a 45 degree angle and other times at a 90 degree angle. Just continually change the angle and you will see some amazing results.
Biceps will grow if you focus on these 5 tips. I will bring others your way as time passes. Give these a try and leave me a comment about your experience.