Social media has taken over the world. You cannot escape it. It appear on television advertisements, in magazines and even on delivery vehicles. Where it was once rare to have a published website URL on any of these items, now you have the URL plus the social media icons for the company/person in question. It is my belief that social media is a great place to get to know and learn about people in the bodybuilding and fitness niche. What follows is a list of people in the industry I think you should follow on Twitter.
- Phil Heath (@philheath) – 3 time Mr. Olympia and current reigning Mr. Olympia. He is fairly active on Twitter and gives some great tips as well.
- Dexter Jackson (@MrOlympia08) – former Mr. Olympia and one helluva bodybuilder. Always a factor in the competitions he partakes in.
- Louis Uridel (@TheBigSexy200X) – bodybuilder from San Diego and active interviewer for Muscular Development. He is funny, honest and gives great advice.
- Jay Cutler (@Mrojaycutler) – former 4 time Mr. Olympia. He is a great guy and has some great insights to share.
- Hany Rambod (@hanyrambod) – top preparation coach. He has coached both Jay Cutler and Phil Heath. Amazing guy with great information.
- Chris Cormier (@RDCormier) – The Real Deal. He says it like it is.
- Chad Nicholls (@ChadTheDietDoc) – He is an amazing contest preparation coach and a regular on Pro Bodybuilding Weekly.
- MuscleContest (@MuscleContest) – The California branch of the NPC. Many contests are promoted by this group.
- Pete Ciccone (@PeteCiccone) – IFBB Pro and owner of 619Muscle. Great advice. Personal insights.
- Erin Stern (@ErinFAST) – Figure Olympia Champion. She gives some great tips.
- Tom Venuto (@tomvenuto) – Author of several books including Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle. He is The Guru on fat loss. Nicest guy you will meet on Twitter.
This list is just a starter. I will publish more next month. Enjoy!